Prev: Re: Slow ships and big guns.."bonsai jammers" Next: Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long)

Re: [FT] Vector markers [was Simultaneous fire [was UN etc]]

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:10:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector markers [was Simultaneous fire [was UN etc]]

On 20-Jan-00 at 17:56, Beth Fulton (beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au) wrote:
> G'day again,
>
> >> Yes, it is; it is even better if , after moving, you extend your
tape
> >> measure from the start-of-vector marker an equal distance PAST the
model
> >> and place a ZTP (Zero-Thrust-Projection) marker where the ship's
vector
> >> will place it NEXT turn if it applies no thrust.
> >
> >I thought about that, but it makes it too easy for those damn SM
users
> >(me in this case) to place their missiles.
>
> I take it from that that you don't let people know you're current
velocity
> etc? We play it that there are enough sensors on board to figure out
how
> fast the ship is going, so you often see SM players start marking out
> "cone of probability", not that it necessarily helps much ;)
>
> Cheers
>
> Beth

You know speed as of last turn and we allow measurement as long as it
doesn't slow things down.  I guess with this the end vector marker
would speed things up, but we have had the occasional measurement
error.	If I were playing with a group that did things this way
I wouldn't have any complaints.

Roger

Prev: Re: Slow ships and big guns.."bonsai jammers" Next: Re: Professionalism and Quality in FT terms (long)