Prev: [FT] Vector markers [was Simultaneous fire [was UN etc]] Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

Re: over sized walkers

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:14:50 +1000
Subject: Re: over sized walkers

G'day Scott,

OK maybe I should explain the situation. Nathan, in true gentlemanly
fashion, is trying to help me out. You see my Dalek army consists of
what
the various Dr Who writers have perscribed for Daleks, that is a heap of
Daleks, few VTOL-like hoverbouts, a couple of Dalek tanks and some VERY
big
walkers. Needless to say when I ran into Nathan's MDCs (when they
finally
came out of cover!!!) my walkers toppled and he systematically
surrounded
the Dalek squads until he had enough objective chits in his hand. One of
the added challenges of playing the "universe's master race" I guess ;)

>You have to conpensate for this by
>giving them extensive defenses... which makes you wonder why you're
pouring
>all of these resourses into one unit instead of several smaller units.

Main reason I've got them is so that at least some of troops go faster
than
6" foot speed and I've actually got some vehicles, guns, on the board ;)
What Nathan also neglected to mention was my walkers are that little bit
more expensive because they're armed with power guns (based on, but not
identical to, St^3 Jon's Slammin' The Dirt weapons) which cost 18x (I
was
trying to guess costs based on the DFFG which comes in at 15x). Also
probably the reason Nathan stayed in cover until he did ;)

> Otherwise, I think Dirtside is giving a
>fair and realistic treatment to what is really a VERY unrealistic unit
type.

Which means they're perfect match for the rest of my unrealistic force
;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [FT] Vector markers [was Simultaneous fire [was UN etc]] Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast