Prev: Re: over sized walkers Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast

RE: Fleet Battles - Squadrons

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 16:55:00 -0500
Subject: RE: Fleet Battles - Squadrons

John L. wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/19/00 11:52PM >>>
I would just use different color dry erase pens 5 colors should outlast
the
ship.

More work to prepare.  Now you need to make SDS with plastic covers and
make
sure you have all the pens you need.  I like to keep it simple, but
using
colored pens does have a certain appeal to it.

>     Not at all!   A very minor change in the process makes this VERY
>simple to accomplish!	 Systems that have been damaged in the current
>turn get a slash mark for a notation.	 At the end of the turn the
slash
>turns into an 'X'.

It doesn't appear my emails are getting through...  I mentioned earlier
that
we use "/" for damaged and "X" for destroyed to differentiate between
repairable damage and systems destroyed by needle weapons.  Very simple
and
it works.

We can come up with a ton of different ways to symbolize this, but I
would
prefer to keep it simple and not require special accesories like colored

pens.  It would make a nice enhancement, but should not be a requirement
play.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: over sized walkers Next: Re: FT tactics vs slow ships, tiny ships are toast