Prev: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: ST decals

Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:51:26 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

On 20-Jan-00 at 14:48, GBailey@aol.com (GBailey@aol.com) wrote:

> We roll 2D6 for starting speeds.  We start about 7' apart
> on a floating table.	He usually moves towards us for a turn
> or two then turns his broadside towards us.  You would think
> it is easy to target SMs, I just haven't got the knack for it.

The trick is to realize he can't be just anywhere.  With a
thrust 1 ship there are 5 possible places he can occupy on
the board.  No thrust, Accel 1", Decel 1", turn port and
turn starboard.  Once you know where on the board these places
reside it should be pretty easy to ensure SM hits.

> btw, Steve is pretty cool and not a "munchkin". He's a math
> teacher and analyzes the numbers for designing ships.

Oh, we would _never_ do that here...

Roger <vbg>

Prev: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: ST decals