Prev: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: Re: FT: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:14:13 -0500
Subject: Re: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

Take long ranged weapons (eg Beam 3 or 4).  Stand back and plink
from beyond his range.	Eventually you'll wear him down.  It
won't be fun, mind you, but it'll work.

Run scenarios at least moderately related to real life.  There's
a reason the navy loves fast ships--they work better than
semi-mobile forts because they can make it to the decisive point
on time.

Get better at maneuvering.  No advice on this, I didn't get into
FT, really, until Vector movement.

Roll sixes.  Some people do, apparently, have a knack for
influencing the dice.  I hesitate to call it psi, but it does
exist.	I did a test in college with some of my gaming friends
and we calculated that I rolled significantly higher than
average--something like 4.1 instead of 3.5, IIRC, but that was a
while ago.  Unfortunately I can't tell you how to learn to do
this.

Prev: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: Re: FT: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs