Prev: FT: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs

Re: [OT]Cyber Squad

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:02:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT]Cyber Squad

>***
>The opposing side had a general that stepped out of his
>tent first thing in the morning and had a good stretch within
sight
>of the enemy.	This sharpshooter estimated the range, went of
and
>sighted in his rifle, and then removed the general from the
equation.
>***

And there was a Japanese who did this by sighting on a parapet
during the day, making measurements to position his rifle, then
firing at night, mortally wounding the general.  It was in a
Kurosawa film--Kagemusha?--and I've been told it was based on an
historical incident.

Prev: FT: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs Next: RE: tactics vs a slow mover with high arcs