Prev: For the guys down under [SG2 in the city] Next: RE: For the guys down under [SG2 in the city]

RE: SG II: Close combat revisited

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 07:57:49 +1000
Subject: RE: SG II: Close combat revisited

The vision of 6 guys in 8 foot 2 Tonne armour thundering after this
lone,
wretched and gibbering runaway has just got to bring a grin to your
face!

Seriosly though,

My take on this would be....the Overun is a concious decision. Honestly
you
would have to examine the circumstances and make a case by case
decision.
Options include:

1.	The second squad is a new and totally different target;
previosuly
unseen. The PA would be required to hold in position until next
activation.
Personally I would give the PA squad the option of holding the taken
position or withdrawing in light of the new enemy...

2.	The second squad was a visible enemy unit before the PA squad
conducted the close assault and simply "gets in the way" and is
contacted if
the PA squad follows up in a straight line from the 'charge'. The new
target
however should be given a Reaction Fire action if it hasn't already
activiated this turn.

3.	The second squad was a visible enemy unit before the PA squad
close
assaulted and can't be close assualted without a new activation. The PA
are
required to hold in place.

The best resolution is to rationalise the events from the table level
commanders view. The old, "If that were me I'd....." works really well
in
all our club games.

My 2cents...

Owen G