Prev: Re: UN Fleet Size: (was Nominal Taxation Rates) Next: Re: Blind man 'sees' objects with camera wired to brain

Re: [FT] Fleet Battles

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 18:30:57 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet Battles

Denny Graver wrote:

> Do people use the fleet combat rules from MT (page 8: Squadron
> Operations)when fighting fleet battles ?  i.e.. organise ships into
> squadrons and issue group movement orders and fire all ships in the
group
> simultaneously.

I nearly always use identical orders for groups of ships. Something
like:
Turn
1.     All Spd 6+2=8 R1
2.     All Spd 8-1=7 L2
3.     1 Spd 7-4=3
       2 Spd 7-3=4
       3 Spd 7-2=5
       4 Spd 7-1=6
4.     1 Spd 3+4=7
       2 Spd 4+3=7
       3 Spd 5+2=7
       4 Spd 6+1=7
5      All Spd 7-3=4
which would turn a line-abreast formation heading straight up the table
into a line-abreast formation going left-ish.

However, I always fire ships separately.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: UN Fleet Size: (was Nominal Taxation Rates) Next: Re: Blind man 'sees' objects with camera wired to brain