Prev: Starship Miniatures for Sale Next: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention - 6 weeks to go!

Re: Nominal Taxation Rates

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:12:21 +1000
Subject: Re: Nominal Taxation Rates

Laserlight wrote:
>  A South American country and a
> European--I'll say Argentina and Germany although that may not
> be right--were going to build ships for Argentine Navy, building
> the first in Germany, second in Argentina, third in Germany, and
> alternating.	Only the German-built ships got completed and
> passed trials.

Lots of similar examples exist, eg Indian-built German Subs. In many
cases, even if the native ones get built, they're never put into service
as they fall short in many respects from the high-quality imports.
But there are one or two counter-examples: I can think of one country
where the subs built with foreign-made components are relegated to
training, while the native ones are of much higher quality.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Starship Miniatures for Sale Next: [Convention] GZG East Coast Convention - 6 weeks to go!