Prev: Re: Ogre News Next: Re: Ogre News

Re: OT: Galactica

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 8:46:00 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: Galactica

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/14/00 06:02AM >>>
> Any news on the NEW movie ?

It was reported that Richard Hatch has been able to gather $80 million
for
his film version while Glen Larson's is on hold.  Richard Hatch's
version
would blend the old series with a 20 year later scenario while Larson's
is
trying to appeal to the younger audience with a Wing Commander look.

Last year Richard Hatch had been promoting his concept for a new film
with a
trailer that was assembled with some of the old cast and received
significant help from fans including a father son team that made a full
size
Viper for the demo reel.  I haven't seen the trailer yet, but heard it
received excellent response from the cons that played it.

Larson has stated that they are trying to first get an IMAX version to
the
masses as an initial preview.

I support Richard Hatch's ideas to push ahead using as must of the
original
cast as possible...wouldn't be the same without them in some form or
another.

Plan to see me running plenty of BG FT games this year!

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re