Prev: RE: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters Next: RE: ChitDrawer source.

Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:20:00 -0500
Subject: Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

Donald Hosford wrote:
>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/13/00 12:10AM >>>
> In one report (alternate script) there was a sixth
> battlestar that was not stationed with the five shown.  It was
attacked
> first and destroyed before the others could be warned.  Some Vipers
(very
> few) escaped and came back to warn the fleet.
>

>Alternate script?  Where did you find this?  I would love to read it.
Is
it >an official script? (ie by the show producers?)

Check at kobol.com and related BG sites and you will find lots of
interesting info.  The twelve were never "official", but seemed to be
referenced a lot of BG history, stories as well as paperback novels.

> In total there was one battlestar for every colony, so that makes
twelve
of
> the original colonies.  In potential ideas for a new BG movie, a 13th
> battlestar might exist that was called the Atlantis...a link to Earth,
the
> supposedly 13th colony.
>

>Mr Thurston during an interview stated that there was no mention
>anywhere
of how many battlestars there were supposed to be.  The >show only
states
that there was 12 colonies.  Most "12 battlestar fleet"
:
In the first espisode Adama mentions a 13th colony known as Earth, which
is
where the collected fleet intends to go.

>My friend and I have guessed that a "battle" squadron was about 25
>fighters (give or take) And that the Galactica carried 6 squadrons --
we
>think two were in storage/training.

The Galactica's Viper contingent was made up of fighters from lost
battlestars after the peace conference fiasco.	More fighters were added

after the surprise meeting with the Pegasus.  I'm not sure what the
total
was, but believe it might have been referenced in at least one episode.
change the fighter compliment in FT based on what level I plan to play
the
game.  If I want to do a large battle, I make the ship designs smaller
and
reduce squadron strength as well.  This is where having a ratio helps
keep
the flavor of the show.

> I have seen a variety of specs on this as well, from less than 100 to
> little over.	All the specs for the basestars seem to show, Raider
> complement at nearly 2x to 3x a battlestars fighter complement.  I
just
> model the number of squadrons in FT by one of these ratios.

>According to the show, a Cylon Baseship could carry 400 Raiders...In
>the
"Living Legend" episode Baltar has three baseships, with the >equivalent
of
1 more --
>fighters stationed on Gamoray (however you spell it...)  He expected to

>crush the Galactica until the Pegasis showed up.

I haven't seen 400 stated before, but in many references I have found
300 as
the total carried.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: RE: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters Next: RE: ChitDrawer source.