Prev: Re: Make Your Own Decals! Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 08:22:00 -0700
Subject: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

>A few more thoughts on the decal sets.
>
>First off, I've consulted with the others and we've decided to double
the sheet
>size (since it's a bit cheaper to print all white) and make a much
larger set.

>So far, the set will contain the following:
>
>12x SC CT FF	 (numbered -1 to -12)
> 8x FFH DD DDG
> 6x DDH CL CE CH
> 4x BC BB DN BDN
> 2x SDN CVL CVE CVH CVA
>
> 4x AKL APA AK
> 2x FT AG SL
>
>Plus an assortment of numbers up to -20 and a few -X's
>
>Will that cover pretty much any fleet?  Are there any codes I should
remove (for
>instance, will anybody distinguish between CVH and CVA?)  Any codes I
should
>add?

Not to be a wet blanket, but for anyone using opaque black bases,
it's very easy to print your own alphanumeric labels as white
reversed out of black, and attach them to the bases with  a little
watered white glue (which also protects them). That's my approach.
Works nicely for labels on the bottom of DSII vehicles, too.
I do the same with transparency sheet for clear bases (but print
black on clear, there).

That said, if I could just buy decals of various symbolic elements
(i.e., not just alphanumerics), I probably would.

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Full Thrust at Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/ft/
Armageddon Outfitter: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com, samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: Make Your Own Decals! Next: Re: Ship designation decals, suggestions...