Prev: Re: ChitDrawer source. Next: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

RE: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

From: "Davis, Jonathan E (CRD)" <davisje@c...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:29:02 -0500
Subject: RE: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)

FFG appears to be quite heavily used.

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ships/ship-ffg.html
http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ships/ship-dd.html

The Canadians use the DDH designation

http://www.iaw.on.ca/~awoolley/lwnavy.html

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: DracSpy@aol.com [mailto:DracSpy@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 12:11 PM
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

In a message dated 1/12/2000 6:29:23 AM Pacific Standard Time,
davisje@crd.ge.com writes:

> I think the FFH and DDH designations are best.  Stick with them.

The FF and DD designations are only used in the USN to denote when there
is
no other designator. So you'll never (in the USN) run acrros a FFH or a
FFG
they would be FH and FG.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: ChitDrawer source. Next: Re: Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers! Oh My! (was Re: Decals)