Prev: RE: ChitDrawer source. Next: Re: ChitDrawer source.

Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:21:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: OU ships and a hunt for some Battlestar Galactica "ish" fighters

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:56:23 +0000 Tony Francis <tony@glassghost.com>
wrote:

> Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:

>> BTW2 - Anyone know where I can find FT scale cylon raider type ships
and viper type ships (Not Vipers or Not Raiders)? Now they've started
re-running BSG here on Space... I feel a Starbuck moment coming on... <<

> Funny, I built an FT scale (ie about 8mm long) Viper only the other
day. Haven't done a Cylon raider yet but give me time... <

Great, Tony! Do let us know when they're out! I've wanted not-Vipers
for a long time. Not-Raiders would be equally welcome, although a
reasonable first attempt can be made by taking NSL heavy fighters
(Wespes) and cutting the long neck off; what you get is an oval-shaped
craft that's a little small by comparison with other FT fighters, but
still looks quite like a Raider -- and blows up just as well <g>.

And after you've done those, Tony, how about some not-EDD Starfighters
from Buck Rogers?

>> (After the battle where the 10 battlestars were nuked, they had 67
fighters aboard... I wonder what their normal complement was?) <<

Minor nit-pick: there were only 5 battlestars at Cimtar, IIRC, and 4
got fragged. The others (from a non-canonical but generally accepted
total of 12) had been destroyed over the years or were off raiding
Gammoray <g>.

We have reason to believe that the Galactica can carry 150 fighters,
but that's including a squadron from another ship. From that, and on
admittedly skimpy evidence, I've concluded that the standard complement
of a Battlestar was around 120, in 4 squadrons of thirty -- with a
large margin of error.

Phil
"I think... I think I am!     |        I think _I_ am:
 Therefore I am... I think?"  | 	Phil Atcliffe
   -- The Moody Blues	      | (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: RE: ChitDrawer source. Next: Re: ChitDrawer source.