Prev: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology Next: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group

Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 20:52:54 -0500
Subject: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group

>On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Laserlight harrangued:
>
>> "Oh dear, is _that_ why we sent an agent to insert Lesath's
>> Syndrome virus into the water system of New Ottawa?	You
know, I
>> thought that AI was acting a little peculiar, lately.
>> Fortunately it all worked out well enough."
>
>well, between you and I, we already had the population
innoculated. Thats
>why we had your AI put resources into the project. BTW, did you
like the
>the "data" the agent brought back?

Rather a risky way to handle things, don't you think?  "We
didn't have any Lesath's in stock, so we substituted Cytherian
plague," for example.  Or "we couldn't get the plans for the
water plant, so we just had a suicide bomber set off a nuke in
the city center."

BTW, according to Brassey's book on camouflage, one of the
Islamic states--I think Iran but I'm not sure of that--has a
separate uniform pattern for suicide commandos.  Kind of
disturbing.

>> Making an Islamic Fed AI more manic and unstable is probably
not
>> a very good idea at all.
>
>Sure, but if it starts to act like the computer in Paranoia,
it's better
>for your enemies...
>Trust the computer, the computer is your friend, trust
>no one else. Do you really think a computer that beleives it is
the Voice
>of Allah is going to be good for an Islamic State's tactics?

You don't think the Islamic Fed has enough Natural Intelligences
who think they're the Voice of Allah?  You want to add more
sociopaths to the mix?

Prev: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology Next: Re: (FT) NAC 23rd Raider Group