Prev: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs) Next: RE: Japanese naval shipyards

Re: Decals

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 16:10:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Decals

Thomas.Barclay wrote:
...Snip...JTL
> The reason for splitting numerics and letter codes is it lets some of
us
> (who want to) label our ships as BC-123 Royal Sovereign and others
label it
> as RNS-123 Royal Sovereign. It allows people to tailor to taste.
(Though
> like most things, some on the list will want it the simplest way,
others
> will want the flexibility...)
...Snip...JTL

Comment:
     In WWII, the RN used a number (1 or 2 digit) for capitols and
cruisers.
All smaller and support ships carried a letter (Flag Superior), followed
by a two digit number for ID.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [FT] How screens work (was Re: UNSC designs) Next: RE: Japanese naval shipyards