Prev: RE: Decals Next: Re: Decals

Fleet Colour schemes

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:21:22 -0500
Subject: Fleet Colour schemes

My take:

ESU - Russian Tank green (dark green) with some other shade of green
(grass
green) highlights. Some highlights in bright yellow for contrast.
Greenish-black wash. Red stars if I can find a good decal.

FSE - I like my friend Pete's scheme - bright white, with diagonal
tricolour
(depending on country of ship origin, differing colours) running from
top
right to bottom left (the top left side is white, the bottom right is
the
coloured part). Sensor domes etc done in copper.

NSL - German dazzle pattern. My buddy Pete has given his BCs shark's
teeth
for the predatory look. NSL WWI maltese crosses on rear part. Light and
dark
greys used for pattern. Except of course for the bright red Manfred Von
Richtofen...

NAC - I've seen a white with bone highlights and a light metallic green
scheme. Truth is, I don't like either. The scheme I saw with blue and
white
on the web (23rd raiders?) I think I've liked the best so far.

NI - medium blue (royal blue?) with dark blue wash. Highlights picked
out in
white. White star (a la Noam) if I have the skill to finish with this.
Lighter blue drybrush for a little contrast. Except for the Shafrir
landers
- desert camo on top, black on the belly.

UNSC - I'm a traditionalist. White. Eggshell or UN Blue. Highlights in
colours like bright yellow, gold, orange, or copper. Maybe a light grey
or
two.

IF - white and green, cresent moon insignia in gold

PAU - brown, black, and white - think zulu warrior colour scheme.

KV - Dark blues and purples (phase shifted vision). Wash with purple or
black.

Savasku - Dark green drybrushed with lighter shades of slimey looking
green.
Dark green or black wash.

Phalons - I'd never paint these, but if I did it would have to be the
pinkish purple paint scheme we all secretly think they suit. ;)

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008