Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: RE: Future History for Japan

Re: Future History for Japan

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 00:42:13 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Subject: Re: Future History for Japan

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Edward Lipsett wrote:

> Playing FT here in Japan, I have felt a need for a more detailed
history
> of what Japan is doing. It is mentioned here and there in brief, but I
> haven't been able to find any information on specifics. Japanese (wet)
> navy us mentioned, and "japanese corporate" forces exist as figures.
But
> do they have a planet? Are they allied with anyone? When did they do
> anything in particular? Do they have any of their own fleet designs?
Or
> even have a fleet?

i'm not aware of any extra canonical information on Japan, or of any
work
done by the community at large. we (the listites) have mechanisms in
place
whereby people with an interest in a power which is not detailed in
canon
sources can develop stuff for it (history, military details, etc) and
make
it known; i don't think anything has surfaced via this route, so i would
guess there isn't anything major.

there is an SG2 OOB for some Japanese corporate troops, produced by Owen
Glover:

http://stargrunt.virtualave.net/rules/ccrg.html

> Do Hitachi and Mitsubishi still make the best military vessels?

no, Royal Schelde do! :)

> If anyone has any information, I'd sure love to hear about it.

my little list has Nathan Pettigrew down as taking care of Japan, but i
don't know if he's still interested. if not, you can take the plunge and
work some stuff up yourself; the list has had a few discussions touching
on Japan, but i don't think we ever came to any concrete conclusions.

tom

Prev: Re: OT: Battleships vs. Carriers... Next: RE: Future History for Japan