Prev: TEST Next: Ship designation decals, suggestions...

Re: Pricing old figures

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:27:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Pricing old figures

Jeremey,

As far as pricing goes, it is really open.  You can a good idea for what

items might be worth painted or bare by looking at some auctions like
those
on eBay.  Another place to check is at cons where dealers sometimes sell

painted minis.	Most seem to charge way too much thinking that their one

shot of primer coat counts as an artistic paint job.

If you sell them in an auction like eBay, you can put a reserve on them
if
you desire to get a certain minimum out of them or just place them with
no
reserve and let them take off on their own.  I've seen several no
reserve
auctions go way high from what I thought the mini was worth, but factors

such as quality of paint job and how rare the mini is can influence how
it
sells.

Best bet is to first check out what the going rate is so take a peek on
eBay:
 http://www.ebay.com

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 01/10/00 04:04AM >>>

Morning (well here in the UK anyway)

I'm wanting to sell off my old GW figures. They are all from the Epic
range
of
about 4-5 years ago.
They are all painted and based. The infantry stands are even flocked!
The paint job is of a wargaming standard, more so in a lot of cases.

Now my trouble is I have no idea of their current worth.
How do you go about giving this sort of thing a price.

Being GW they cost me an arm and a leg originaly.
I mean 3.99 for a super heavy tank! and now they are
painted does that add or subtract from a possible cost?

Any advice on this would be great

cheers

Jeremey Claridge

Prev: TEST Next: Ship designation decals, suggestions...