Prev: Re: Followup to Operation Furious Riposte [FB KV speculations] Next: Re: Nanotech will solve everything...

Nanotech will solve everything...

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 22:05:49 -0500
Subject: Nanotech will solve everything...

There is one thing that keeps coming up in the cloning discussion,
and that't nano-technology.

I don't see nano-tech really happening, we are already reaching the
limits of how much information we can map into a small area due to
physical constraints.  Much smaller and it's going to run into
the uncertainty principle.  So, we are using nano-tech to wave our
magic wand and boom, these little machines the size of a single cell
know not only how every cell in the brain is made they also know how
to put all of it together so that it matches one specific individual.
They also have a super-duper Brain Positioning System so they know
exactly where they are at at any moment and they know how to coordinate
with their millions of buddies.  I just don't buy it.

I am more likely to believe a new understanding of physics that allows
exceeding the speed of light than I am in believing we will be
rebuilding brains with nano-technology in the next 3K years or so.

Roger

Prev: Re: Followup to Operation Furious Riposte [FB KV speculations] Next: Re: Nanotech will solve everything...