Prev: KV designs? Re: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle Next: Followup to Operation Furious Riposte [FB KV speculations]

Re: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 00:51:14 -0500
Subject: Re: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle

>All in all, IMO most of the example KV designs should cost an extra
>amount roughly equal to their Mass - ie, in reality the NAC/IF
weren't
>outnumbered 9:10 but more like 3:4 odds or worse.

The IF wasn't outnumbered at all, not being present.  : - )
(I know, you meant the New Israelis, and it's hard to tell one
desert-dwelling monotheistic Semite from another from your
perspective).

IIRC, Lancaster's Law (Lanchester? Limburger?  Something like that)
says that two forces of equal quality should square their quantity and
use that as their ratio, so you were outnumbered 16 to 9.  The only
way to win in that situation is either a) incredible luck, or b) catch
him dispersed and defeat him in detail.