Prev: DS2: Scenario ideas ... Next: Re: DS2: Scenario ideas ...

Re: Medtech 2180 a la Fulton

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:56:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Medtech 2180 a la Fulton

>> One thing though OK, explain one tiny detail to me here, skipping
the
>> ethics of creating virgin brain clones, how the hell do you get
one? People
>> who are cerebrally dead waste away in beds in hospitals all around
the
>> world; microcephalic foetus have a 99.99% abort rate etc etc. So
how the
>> heck are you going to get a clone to the size of a 20 year old
(even if you
>> do it damn fast) without it having any cerebral function at all?
Guess this
>> is another one I'm going to have to put down to future science hey?

Actually, I can tell you an easy way:  you don't.  Just round up
enough healthy young people who fit your profile, and download your
preferred neural pattern over the one they already have.   Make it a
sentencing option for some crimes, like homicide, drug
trafficking...or drunk driving, depends on how large an army you want
to "recruit"...and you're ready.

I didn't say it was a _nice_ way--just easy.

Prev: DS2: Scenario ideas ... Next: Re: DS2: Scenario ideas ...