Prev: Re: FT Ship Generation Next: Re: FT Ship Generation

[FT] Miniatures

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 21:16:06 -0500
Subject: [FT] Miniatures

Finally got around to buying some FT ships--one pack each Trieste,
Suffren, and Milan  class--and I was deeply disappointed.  I'd set out
all my tools and gotten everything ready to clean up the mold lines
and flash--and there wasn't any to speak of.  One Trieste has a little
extra foil in the interior corners, and one other ship had a touch of
something like a sprue at one corner.  For the other five, I did work
at the mold llines for a few minutes just to make myself feel better,
but it was hard to justify doing it.  They were just too clean, all
the way around.

And the ventral hull is just as detailed as the dorsal.  I'm going to
have to paint all that, now, instead of just slopping black on it, and
I'll be executing roll maneuvers when I don't have to, just to flip
the figure over.  I mean really, Jon, I may have to invent new tactics
to justify this--why didn't you just leave the hull a flat bare plane,
like a wet navy waterline figure?    :- /

Seriously, the only question I have is about the way the mounting
holes on the ship are too big for the plastic stands.  I could just
epoxy them permanently onto the bases, but I'm sure someone has a more
elegant solution?

Prev: Re: FT Ship Generation Next: Re: FT Ship Generation