Prev: RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern Next: RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern

Re: [FT] Screen Value

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 21:05:50 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Screen Value

>Thus, my question: What would be a fair value for the shields to
provide? I
>want the  cost and protection to be equivalent to human screens. I am
not so
>concerned about the mass.

I would suggest a value related to the MASS of the shield generator.
This
allow bigger ships to shrug off more damage, and keeps things balanced
with
standard screens MASS/POINTS ratio wise.

Setting the value at - say - 3 is much too arbitrary, and allows for
abuse.

Figure this is most comperable to "regenerating" armor, so say...

Shields - 3 MASS, 6 POINTS per level

...would be a good point from which to start playtesting.

Schoon

Prev: RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern Next: RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern