Prev: Re: Battle report - scratch one more NSL task force Next: Re: Medtech 2180, III

Re: Battle report - scratch one more NSL task force

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 12:16:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Battle report - scratch one more NSL task force

Schoon wrote:

> >The NSL, OTOH, basically sat still - the BBs never flew faster than
> >speed 2 and quite often didn't move forward at all (though they did
> >spin in place quite often), and the fastest NSL ships during the
battle
> >were two DDs that re-deployed from one flank of the NSL formation to
> >the other.
>
> I learned long ago (OK, just this year) that to sit still, even with
low
> thrust ships, is death.

Well... yes and no. It allowed me to launch missiles very accurately,
but it also allowed those NSL heavies to use most of their weapons most
of the time instead of about half their weapons about 2/3 of the time
(and none of their weapons except the C1 batteries the remaining 1/3)
as happened in the last battle. It added to the overall level of death
and destruction on both sides; if any side benefitted from it, it was
the NSL.

It certainly was a very radical departure from our normal tactics, and
I hadn't quite realized that a non-moving ship turns as fast in
Cinematic as it does in Vector <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Battle report - scratch one more NSL task force Next: Re: Medtech 2180, III