Prev: Re: safe jumps, excessive detail Next: Re: HAPPY XMAS!

Re: safe jumps, excessive detail

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:14:42 -0500
Subject: Re: safe jumps, excessive detail

>Then have the safe jump limits as an advanced or optional rule for
those
>of us wanting quicker campaigns.  Jumping into a system and doing
>battle with any forces there is fine with me (eg. Imperium/Dark
Nebula).

Um, Glen, it's always optional.  And yes, I'd probably write it as
"Basic Rules", "Chrome Layer One", "Chrome Two" and so forth, except
I'd probably be overwhlemed by temptation to call the core rules
"Chrome Base".

>I do play against someone with 300 degree beams (he uses WW2
>naval minis).	Movement 2, FTL, either weak or average hull.  He used
>have screen-2s until I designed all pulse-torp ships.	Now its lots
of
>armor, so his ships are now cheaper.  He usually wins.  Only if my
side
>gets lucky with torp hits do we ever win.  Maybe I'll try
fighters/missiles
> since he's taken off the ADFC on every "BB".

A mix of weapons makes it interesting.

Prev: Re: safe jumps, excessive detail Next: Re: HAPPY XMAS!