Prev: Re: [FT] Jump limits Next: Re: Medtch 2180

RE: [FT] Jump limits

From: Daniel Cleyne <DCleyne@c...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:04:13 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Jump limits

I've written a solar system generator that generates a lot of star
details.
One of which is mass. From looking at the code I wrote it seems that
mass is
only affected by luminosity. I've included a segment of C++ code below.
If
anyone wants it translated I'll be happy to do that but it should be
mostly
self explanatory

This give very good figures though I'm not sure why. Certainly I think
they'd be good enough to calculate jump points

#include <math.h>
const double fudgeVal = 3.53155146; // =(6 / LOG10(50))
double Mass = pow(10,log10(Luminosity) / fudgeVal);

Dan

Prev: Re: [FT] Jump limits Next: Re: Medtch 2180