Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet sizes Next: [FT] ANNOUNCE Thrust Pack (last update of the Millenium)

SV: Interdictors ?

From: "Sindre Cools Berg" <cobos@s...>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:15:31 +0100
Subject: SV: Interdictors ?

Actually I would say it is.... I don't have the FTFB on my, but I'm sure
recall somewhere that you have to drive a certain distance from a planet
before you can jump, that is just what my version of the Gravity Well
Projectors do.. Of course you can't use it to force ships out of
"hyperspace" but you can prevent them from jumping out.

> Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
> [mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
>

> > Recently I thought up a "new" system for use in Full Thrust....As
I'm
> > new to this list I hope this hasn't been discussed too much already.
> >
> > Gravity Well Projecters (no points for guessing where the idea came
> > from)
> > They come in a light and heavy variant.
> > One arc only.
> > The light takes 20 mass with a 1.5x mass in point cost.
> > The heavy takes 30 mass with a 1.5x mass in point cost
> > The range is approx 40% and approx 60% of the playing area
respectively.

> > They can only be mounted on ships with a minimum mass of 100 and
they
> > have effect within the entire area they have range to, i.e. they are
> > effective within their 60 degress cone up to their range. The effect
is
> > simply to make FTL drives useless within the area. (Regardless of
who's
> > FTL drives)

Sindre

Prev: RE: [FT] Fleet sizes Next: [FT] ANNOUNCE Thrust Pack (last update of the Millenium)