Prev: RE: [MKW] MKWS ALERT Next: Re: [FH] Great Powers Revised

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:33:53 -0500
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

<msarno@ptdprolog.net>
> wrote:
>
> >    Fair enough, but what about the suggestion I made a few days ago?
 What we've
> >been doing is ignoring the suppression effect when the range die roll
is at least
> >twice the sniper's highest die roll.  In those cases, the shot is
just so poorly
> >placed, the target isn't even suppressed.
>
> How about my rules interpretation, based on my reading of the rules,
that a
> shot beyond a D12 range band is impossible, even for a sniper?

    Allan, that really doesn't address the problem, though.  We've been
talking about
ways to get around the AUTOMATIC suppression of a sniper's target.

> I wish Jon would make an appearance and clear this up! *L*

    I don't think that's necessary.  The rules are quite clear and we
have a consensus
on the list: the rules do not allow sniper fire beyond the D12 range
die.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: RE: [MKW] MKWS ALERT Next: Re: [FH] Great Powers Revised