Prev: Re: Archives Next: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno!

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:54:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Snipers, Mr. Sarno!

Roger Books wrote:

> On 15-Dec-99 at 07:39, Michael Sarno (msarno@ptdprolog.net) wrote:
> >

> > > ** the difference for a laser between 1120 meters and 1 meter is
in
> > > terms of microseconds... I don't think that'd matter too much.
> >
> >	I'm not sure about that.  You'd be able to get a better idea of
the
> >	direction from which
>
> I think I agree with the "not matter too much".  This isn't the
continuous
> laser we see in books and magazines, this is something whose duration
> is shorter than we can see.	It is also a laser which means there
isn't
> much light going in random directions to pick up.

    I'm curious to know how you "know" what type of laser people are
using in
their SGII games. <g>  Anyway, the lasers in our games vaporize the air
as
they travel and make that cool "laser" sound.  The longer they travel,
the
more of that sound they make and the easier it is for you to determine
the
point of origin.  Further, any laser fired on a battlefield is going to
have
to pass through dust and probably smoke, so there will be a great deal
of
light going in random directions.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: Archives Next: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game