Prev: re: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:21:45 -0000
Subject: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> I have to wonder if a single innaccurate shot is going to come close
> supressing a unit. If a single shot happens and noone is hit, why
would
> the unit get suppressed (unless they are reall really green and
panic)?

> Now, if the LT of RaTelO gets nailed in the head, I'd expect to see
> everyone
> jumping for cover and trying to get under rocks and stuff. Then
looking
> for where it came from.

This is the whole point of what I'm suggesting. If the sniper team fires
for
effect the target unit has to test to see if they are suppressed or not.

> I'd say its a chance, not an automatic suppression. A veteran unit is
> going to be more likely to figure out where the sniper is and then
start
> working to a better position to flank the guy.

Unless the sniper specifically places shots to suppress them. When using
suppressive fire you are firing more than one shot, but specifically
placing
them to make the target unit think that wherever they go and whatever
they do
they will be hit.

Usually suppressive fire is used after firing for effect has already
made them
suppressed, it just keeps them that way.

---
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
http://www.caws.demon.co.uk/

Prev: re: Card Draws and Fleet Admirals Next: RE: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game