Prev: Re: [ft] simple campaign system Next: Maximum speeds [FT]

RE: [ft] simple campaign system

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:26:08 +1100
Subject: RE: [ft] simple campaign system

Maybe I should expand the explanation a bit.
The shipbuilding doesn't necessarily mean that a ship is built from the
keel
out in one turn (month), rather that there are several hulls under
construction simultaneously & ships are actually completed in that turn.
 In
the homeworld shipyards, there could be 10 SDNs under construction
simultaneously, but only 1 is finished at a time & available for combat.
The point is to abstract shipbuilding out for fast & dirty campaign
games
with a minimum of record keeping.  Also there are only so many ships an
economy can support without collapsing on itself (look at the PRH in HH.
Massive military spending & a welfare state has made them bankrupt for
decades).

Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu