Prev: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game Next: RE: [ft] simple campaign system

RE: [ft] simple campaign system

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:20:45 +1100
Subject: RE: [ft] simple campaign system

To answer a few questions:

1.	I wanted planets to be able to turn out 1 ship per turn, as
maintainance still puts an upper limit on building.  The largest fleet a
starting player can get is 20000 pts with no production available to
replace
losses.
2.	Maybe higher odds would be better, but getting that many marines
together would be difficult under the limitations.  To attack a
homeworld
(500 marines/production), you need a minimum of 180 mass of marines to
even
have a chance.	If you want to increase your shipbuilding, then you HAVE
capture those worlds (or capture them back).
3.	The shipyards can be attacked as a spacestation.  It's hits are
equal to it's production capacity (ie: 200 pt shipyard = 200 hits).  If
the
planet is captured, the shipyards are also captured.  So, do you capture
the
yards or stage a raid to destroy them?
4.	Supplies are created at shipyards using normal FTFB costs (ie
SML
std ammo costs 6pts, std fighter costs 3pts/ea.)  Materials are
abstracted
into the production of the planet.

I was originally going to include the following:
Freighters can be used to increase a shipyards production.  A freighter
can
load 'spare' production from a system & transfer it to a shipyard.  Each
production point takes up 1 mass of cargo & adds to the building limit
on
the turn it is unloaded.

Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu

Robertson