Prev: Re: SMLs/The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:04:25 -0500
Subject: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game

"Glover, Owen" wrote:

> Anyway, the original question was about a sniper taking a shot that
> couldn't possibly hit so therefore would the target be automatically
> suppressed? To reiterate, so we don't lose sight of the original
> question, if the shot is beyond the fifth range band or the cover
> bonus cause the closed die shift to go over d12 defence die then I say
> that the target doesn't take a suppression as no shot is fired.

    Agreed.  This is what I was saying in my previous post.  If you
don't roll any dice, no shot is fired.	The rules as written state on
p.27 "When a sniper fires, the shot is resolved in a similar way to the
nomral firing process for a support or heavy weapon, . . ."  Per p.37
"[Support weapon fire is resolved exactly as for the normal squad fire
procedure . . ."  Finally p.33 "Small arms fire is effective up to the
point where the RANGE DIE would be GREATER than a D12 - whenthis limit
is reached then effective small arms fire is impossible."  In other
words, you don't roll any dice and you don't get any shots.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: SMLs/The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: Re: SG II Snipers and the spirit of the game