Prev: [DS] Daleks Next: [FT] ANNOUNCE new NSL ship pictures

Re: [FH] Great Powers

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 07:36:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] Great Powers

>Are these based only for on Earth or total populations?

These are the >> 1988 << figures for the areas which will later become
the powers listed.  That explain a lot?

>>NAC includes UK, Japan,  plus all of North & South America except
the
>>Caribbean Islands, Texas and California (FCT would have a population
>>40 and GDP 212--I subtracted that from the NAC numbers).
>
>Why include Japan in the NAC, isn't if fairly widely accepted now
that
>they're an independent entity?

I should subtract Japan, yes.  I was worried about the ESU population
and didn't realize quite how much more GDP the NAC would come out
with.

>>ESU includes Russia (except my guesstimate of RH share), China,
India
>>Czechoslovakia Poland N Korea Sri Lanka Nepal Mongolia Mauritius
>>Maldives Bhutan
>
>Mauritius is much more likely to go PAU in my opinion.
>
>>FSE includes France Italy Spain Portugal Luxembourg Malta
>
>I'd add Greece at least to that, maybe some of the other Balkan
states.

>>IF includes Saudi Iran Algeria Pakistan UAE Iraq Egypt Kuwait Libya
>>Syria Morocco Oman Qatar Tunisia Sudan Jordan  Bahrain Lebanon N
Yemen
>>Afghanistan S Yemen
>
>No wonder you ended up with such a large population... ;)

I think it's unlikely too--but not (quite) as unlikely as the NAC.

>>PAU covers all Africa except what IF has
>
>Guess that includes Madagascar? Have you included the (immense)
likelihood
>of mammoth population slumps for the Africian nations during the next
>century in your estimates?

Nope. 1988 figures only.

>>Main neutrals that I didn't know where to put are S Korea Taiwan
>>Belgium Turkey Greece Ireland
>
>I guess you'll get alot of opinions coming in on these, but just off
the
>bat (without checking any source info or anything) I'd chuck Sth
Korea and
>Taiwan in with the ESU (they took over everything else around them so
why
>not?).

>Belgium I'd be inclined to stick in the FSE or NSL (though I'm sure
an
>irrate Belgian is about to come head hunting me for that one)

FSE or Dutch?  Someone has worked this out, I just couldn't find the
map.