Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: [OT] Style Sheets

Re: Russian ACVs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:23:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Russian ACVs

Alan wrote:

> As regards conventional GEVs, the Russians had a
> corvette-sized landing craft (Lebed IIRC) that had a decent
> defensive armament, and the ability to carry a complete
> company at high speed over long distances."

The Dzheyran, I think - almost 300 tons, 47x18 meters, carries some 300
men (or a combination of tanks/APCs and men), armed with chaff
launchers and 2 twin 30mm cannon.

Then there's the Pomornik, of course - 550 tons, almost 58x26 meters in
size, but armed with 2 SA-N-5 Grail quad launchers, two 6-barrel 30mm
cannon, two 122mm rocket launchers and up to 80 mines if desired
(though the mine rails displace some of the troops carried). I believe
that one's a bit bigger than most corvettes, though :-/

The 87-ton Lebed is only armed with two 30mm MGs. For something its
size, that's almost indecent <g>

Best wishes,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers Next: [OT] Style Sheets