Prev: RE: the great SM debate Next: RE: the great SM debate

Re: the great SM debate

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:59:02 -0500
Subject: Re: the great SM debate

Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

>  I find myself struggling to come up with interesting scenarios with
challenging
> objectives for FT games that aren't simply "you guys over there, them
over
> there, no one gets out of here alive".  Although I've come up with one
or two,
> and mulling over some others.  I'd be happy to share these with anyone
. . . and
> better yet discuss and brain storm over others.
>
> Stepping off the soap box . . . and looking froward to the Scenario
Book release
> - Aron

I think I'm going to have to politely disagree here.  None of our games
are one-offs.
That is boring.  We have a campaign, and scenario objectives are pretty
well set in
light of that.	Our last battle was about 2K points on my side.  I did
far more damage
than I took, but only because my opponent made a major mistake.  I'm
running into
significant problems because my fleet is FSE based, and the only thing
that has saved
me thus far is my opponent is just now gearing up production for defense
drones (our
name for the jammers).

The sad thing is I'm going to have to fight that battle again, same
forces on my side,
his side will have drones AND out-point me by about 1000 points.
Otherwise he gains
a system that gives him an 80% production advantage over me.

Roger

Prev: RE: the great SM debate Next: RE: the great SM debate