Prev: Re: Boarding combat Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

Re: Boarding combat

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 18:06:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Boarding combat

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> That's pretty much what I meant with the "you don't normally attempt
> board..." thing above. The attackers should already have a serious
> advantage; do they need being boosted by another ~15%?

There should be a difference between a detachment of Swabbies with guns
doing a boarding action and a bunch of jar heads in Power Armour and
infantry combat as their primary MOS.

In some cases I can see specific craft being better suited to conducting

boarding actions as there are far more mariens on board than a basic
line
combat vessel.

An NAC Gator Carrier pulls up next to an FSE Carrier that has no fire
cons and no thrust. What are you going to expect? I'd expect to see jar
heads in charge of an FSE capital ship and wiping the decks with the
Frogs.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Boarding combat Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers