Prev: Re: boarding party Next: Re: boarding party

Re: Boarding combat

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 14:04:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Boarding combat

Roger Books wrote:

> Marines should be better at this then your average squid.  I'd say
they
> would work as heavy fighters, no kills by opponents on a 4.  If you
> send a mixed force the squids die on 4's and one of the 6's, the jar
> heads die on 5's and one of the 6's.	You want DC under ship fire
> navy doods are wonderful things.  You want us to stick our heads out
> when someone is fireing up close and personal you crazy, why do you
> think we joined the navy?
>
> It's a little fiddly, any better suggestions?

Hmmm, how about weighting the other end?  Marines score kills more often
than
normal crew, but die just as easily.

So a normal crew will score one kill on a 5, two on a 6.  A marine will
kill one
on a 4-5 and two on a 6.  Or some variation on that theme.

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: boarding party Next: Re: boarding party