Prev: RE: DS2 damage chart? Next: Re: boarding party

Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: "Imperial battleship, halt the flow of time!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 13:54:49 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

>> I guess I disagree. It depends how you go about it. Which would be
scenario
>> specific. If you brought a couple class 3 or even class 4 potshooters
along
>> and kept them at max range, you could slowly pick off the soaks
before
>> closing distance. If you're SM equipped, chances are you're more
>> maneuverable and faster (like FSE) and can be the one to pick the
time when
>> the forces close.
>
>Doesn't really work that way, in order to keep distance you must run
>away
>from your opponents.  You don't hurt them much when you are waving your
>rear in their faces. :)

Unless you are the NI and all your weapons are to either your starboard
or port sides and then fly like Oerjan around the room, then you pull a
circular type situation in which you maintain a high speed vs the enemy
and keep them in either your port or starboard quarter. Noam can prolly
explain this better than I (since he's used it before - remember that
night, Noam? :-P ;-). Now, yes, you are effectively running away, but
if your opponent gives chase, they eat whatever you dish.

Of course the NI's little Stealth Tech helps maintain the distance.  ;-)

Mk
-
"Now, please notify the Captain that I am here. I need to meet with him
and
the rest of the command staff ASAP. I...assume my usual quarters in the
brig
are available. I've grown so attached to the place."
				       -  Bester, 'Into The Fire',
Babylon 5

Prev: RE: DS2 damage chart? Next: Re: boarding party