Prev: Way Way Way OT )Stealth and Countermeasures..For Ray Next: RE: [FT] ANNOUNCE - new 3D Model / gallery

RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:43:34 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
> Some things to ponder:
> a) What's the minimum change that would remove Banzai Jamming as being
> 100% defence vs SMLs <note: making it a 50% defence is OK>

The minimum change is a change in the tactics of the SM player. No new
rules
needed at all. Banzai Jammers only really shred the tactic of unloading
all
salvoes against the big targets as soon as possible. The Granaatscherven
force the SM player to sweep them using beams or (heaven forbid) a few
early
SM rounds. Jammers may be close to 100% proof vs.the hail mary dump
everything and run attack, but that kind of IMO cheesy attack _should_
be
stoppable in its tracks. Force the SM player to think.

I will continue to argue that if you want/make smarter SM's, I want/will
make smarter Jammers.

Noam

Prev: Way Way Way OT )Stealth and Countermeasures..For Ray Next: RE: [FT] ANNOUNCE - new 3D Model / gallery