Prev: Re: Damage Control and CVs Next: Re: Subject: Colonial powers and battles

Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures...

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 21:35:31 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Way OT :o) Stealth and Countermeasures...

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Imre A. Szabo wrote:

> The ALARM's I think of are a British anti-radar missile, very similar
to HARM's
> but with slightly shorter range and much less hang weight.

They are talking of ALRAAM Advanced Long Range Air to Air Missile and
AMRAAM Advanced Medium Range Air to Air Missile which goes along with
the
British/German ASRAAM which I think died Advanced Short Range Air to Air

Missle.

ALARM is a whole nother beast. That is Air Launched Anti Radiation
Missile. That is built by British Aerospace and what is now GEC Marconi
(if I'm up on my merger history, which I may not be).

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Damage Control and CVs Next: Re: Subject: Colonial powers and battles