Prev: Re: [FT] Another painting question Next: RE: SG2 lite

RE: SG2 lite

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:20:58 +1000
Subject: RE: SG2 lite

Well, Michael and Adrian have pretty well covered this but I'll add my 2
cents worth.

As Adrian said come up with an interesting scenario. That grabs the
attention first then get the 'marks' interested in teh rules set next.

Stay at Platoon level only. Company Level command can really unbalance
the
game if not carefully controlled or played.

Leave GMS and EW out but include smoke. Vehicles can be okay if you use
them
on one side only.

I'd recommend no buildings for a first game; buildings can be confusing
with
arguments over squad facing etc.

Size of squads is actually fairly irrelevant. I would actually recommend
using the squad structure from the back of the rules book; NAC and NSL
are
good ones; use PPG instead of GMS.

Terrain is quite important so balance your terrain with some hard and
soft
cover on teh board and leave gaps of at least 6 inches between most
terrain
so the old combat roll vs two movement actions gets used.

The comments on quality and leadership levels is also good. Have a
variety
but perhaps only two eg Vet and Reg or Reg and Green. Set the quality,
leadership and Confidence levels yourself rather than any chance method
of
selecting them.

Also keep the number of players to either one or two per side. Any more
and
you'll run the risk of players getting bored waiting their turn.

Have fun,

Owen G