Prev: RE: [SG2] Seeking anyone with 20mm Blade Miniatures Next: RE: GEVs

RE: [SG2] Seeking anyone with 20mm Blade Miniatures

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 00:12:30 -0800
Subject: RE: [SG2] Seeking anyone with 20mm Blade Miniatures

At 03:10 AM 12/6/99 -0500, Adrian Johnson wrote:
[snip]
>>Its the legality/ethics of it that may stop you not the quality.
>
>Well, legally there's nothing anyone can say if you decide you want to
cast
>figs for your own use at home.  If I want to hand-build an exact
replica of
>my car - there's NOTHING illegal about that.  If I try to SELL it, and
>represent it as the original, that's a different story.

In the United States this is WRONG WRONG WRONG!  Miniatures *are*
covered
by Title 17 copyrights, copyright infringement can result in fines up to
$100,000 for EACH violation, EVEN IF NO MONEY CHANGES HAND. HOW you make
the copy is also immaterial.

*Please* check the current Title 17 copyright laws before handing out
bad
advice like this - they're posted online at the US Copyright web site.

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
  StarFighter Command: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: RE: [SG2] Seeking anyone with 20mm Blade Miniatures Next: RE: GEVs