Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Book Volume II Next: Re: smack in the gob

smack in the gob

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 01:25:14 -0500
Subject: smack in the gob

smack in the gob - similar to the Scots 'dint in the bru'.

I believe it is an English way of saying "Fist in the Face". Jon no
doubt learned this cunning customer relations move from a nearby English
football club or at least from the fans of same. (Note to those in the
USA and Canada: I don't mean football with an oddly shaped ovoid ball
here - I'm talking about what we Colonials call soccer).

Someone asked what an email smack in the gob might be like. I have one
suggestion: If you get any email from Jon with any sort of an
attachment, don't open it. I'm pretty sure it won't be your advanced
preview of the FB2. I don't think you'll like the kind of "electronic
gob-smacking" you might get.... After all, they breed nasty computer
virii in 2185. More than a match for your primitive McCafee or Norton
AntiVirus.

And if St. Jon decides to respond more aggressively, I'm sure War Leader
W'kan will loan him his Bats-R-Us squad of Narns (with a "whack whack
here, and a smack smack there..."). Do not anger the Needham Mangler
himself.... <rofl....then running to hide from the aforementioned
gob-smacking myself>

:)

Keep smiling. It makes the world wonder what you are up to.

Tom B.

BTW Beth, what exactly does "flat out like a lizard drinking" mean? I
got the sore thumb one...

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Book Volume II Next: Re: smack in the gob