Prev: Re: DSII for the 2020s Next: RE: [OT]New Risk...

Re: To easy

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 16:39:38 +0100
Subject: Re: To easy

Nathan rolfe wrote:

> I found out today that in a 2000 point game you can take 49 more
frust
> missiles.

Sounds as if you brought a bunch of other weapons as well - if you go
all-out on MT missiles you can get at least twice as many <g> 50% as
many if you want your ships to be maneuverable and/or survivable.

> This i tested against a fellow gammer and in one turn wiped out
> two BDN's and two CH and all that my 3 BB had to face were two CL's.
> The point of this is to try and set limmits on the use of missiles.
At the
> momment i can only think of one way and that is to not play these
people > who take that many missile systems. please send any ideas

In Cinematic battles, the main trick is to fly fast - MT missiles are
too clumsy to turn around to re-engage, so they effectively get one
chance to hit you.

In Vector ships tend to be rather more predictable, so you may need to
change the missile movement rules. I find the MT missile movement rules
 less flexible than FB SMs, though.

Anti-Salvo Missile defences work against MT ones too, of course -
indeed, PDS are slightly more effetive against MT missiles than they
are against the same Mass of SMs. If you don't hit with all the MTMs,
I'd rate them about as dangerous as fighters - of course the fighters
inflict less damage per attack, but are much better able to loiter.

The main problem with MTMs is IMO if you launch them at extreme range
and then scoot; that can be countered by using sensor rules (the Fulton
approach).

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: DSII for the 2020s Next: RE: [OT]New Risk...