Prev: Re: GEVs Next: Re: Ortillery platforms

Re: Impact on GEVs, Thomas B

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:37:40 GMT
Subject: Re: Impact on GEVs, Thomas B

On Thu, 02 Dec 1999 16:29:07 PST, "Geoffery R" <geofferyr@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I remember reading in one of my old reference books (late 80's) that
the
>average modern Tank gun round can hit with the force of a freight train

>travelling at 30km per hour. Also reading interviews and stories from
WWII
>tank crews they, talk about tanks being stopped or knocked arround from
the
>shear force of even non penetrating hits. It could have an interesting
>effect on a vehical designed to minimise surface friction.

That makes a lot of sense! I didn't realize it was that powerful a hit,
but
I'd believe it. I do NOT want to be walking near a GEV when it gets hit
in the
side by a non-penetrating round (or a penetrating one, for that
matter!).

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: GEVs Next: Re: Ortillery platforms