Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US StealthAircraft!] Next: Re: Nuclear powered carriers

Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:15:00 +0100
Subject: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

Ludo wrote:

> > Until you get Mavericks or Hellfires which you can fire indirectly
at
> > ranges of 40 km and above, indirect-firing artillery will have a
> > niche.
>
> They exist already. The US (them again ;-) have the Copperhead, a
> 155mm laser guided AT round. Indirect fire arty will always have its
> place.

You seem to have missed the context. Thomas's thesis was that VTOL-ish
grav tanks with Mavericks or Hellfires would make indirect-fire
artillery
obsolete. The sentence you quoted above was part of my antithesis.

The Copperhead is fired from an indirect-firing tube artillery piece,
so can hardly make indirect-firing tube artillery obsolete... no
support for either side.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US StealthAircraft!] Next: Re: Nuclear powered carriers