Prev: Re: Colonial powers and battles Next: Re: GEVs/Grav

Re: [FT] The Infamous A-Beam

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:29:27 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] The Infamous A-Beam

William Spencer wrote:

> Yes, I know it's probably on a FAQ somewhere, but I'm curious and I
> couldn't find it on the web.

It's on the GZG web ring; there was a direct link to it from Mark
Siefert's Unofficial FT page, etc. Have another look <g>

> What suggestions have there been for handling the infamous "A-Beams >
are too powerful" problem? I've seen a few answers already...

> -Ignore it (I could, but as I said, I'm curious).

Tends to result in very boring ship designs, though.

> -Increase A-Beam mass by 1 (Simple, but I'd have to renovate my >
ships.)

This is the [OFFICIAL] fix.

> -Add bonuses to C-Beam, like the AF modification (Simple, but it
doesn't
> help B-Beams)

Doesn't help that much. The anti-fighter ability of the C beam lifts it
to almost comparable to the B, but both are badly outclassed by the A.

> -Buy Fleet Book (Errr, maybe later. When I have the spare cash.)

Definitely. The Fleet Book, if I were to buy a second copy, would cost
me about as much as 3 Big Mac&co hamburger meals - not *that* expensive
:-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Colonial powers and battles Next: Re: GEVs/Grav