Prev: Re: DSII for the 2020s Next: Re: Colonial powers and battles

Re: DSII for the 2020s

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:54:27 +0100
Subject: Re: DSII for the 2020s

Andrew Martin wrote:

> David Brewer wrote:
> > This is surely a case for artillery-delivered GMS systems.
>
>	DS2 rules for artillery delivered GMS are on my site, here:
>		http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
>	in the Artillery section.

That's not a very good representation of STRIX, I'm afraid. (Can't
vouch for the Copperheads - we don't build those :-/ ) Standard MAK, in
spit of using simpler mechanics, comes much closer to describing
STRIX's behaviour against today's AFV defences (ie, no ECM or PDS in
DSII terms). When/if the Russians get Drozd-3 into service, they'll
have PDS able to stop incoming STRIXs or Copperheads.

One more thing about PGDHs - those in service today don't hit friendly
vehicles, unless said friendly vehicles look identical to the enemy
ones :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: DSII for the 2020s Next: Re: Colonial powers and battles